- A public realm that matches L.A.'s remarkable private spaces
- Elevating design expectations for private development
- Creating a walkable Los Angeles
- Los Angeles as a center of design innovation and experimentation
- Valuing each community's distinctive context and history
- Designing for sustainability
- Designing for health and wellness
The feedback staff provides focuses on ways that a project can be improved to better comply with these values and themes. Typically, projects reviewed by the Urban Design Studio are larger in scale and seeking some level of discretionary action from the City Planning Department.