Southeast Valley CPU Kick Off!
PUBLISHED ON: June 6, 2018
The Department of City Planning has officially launched a three-year effort to update the three Community Plans for the Southeast San Fernando Valley:
- Van Nuys-North Sherman Oaks
- North Hollywood-Valley Village
- Sherman Oaks-Studio City-Toluca Lake-Cahuenga Pass
Community plans are the blueprints that guide development in our neighborhoods by establishing the community’s vision for the future, outlining policies to implement that vision, and designating land uses and zoning.
The key components of the update process are:
- Establishing new community vision and Community Plan goals, policies and programs
- Update of Community Plan land use map
- Update of zoning map to implement revised city zoning code
- Environmental impact report (EIR) for the updated community plan
The Southeast Valley planning team will begin its outreach effort in September with brief presentations to Neighborhood Councils within the plan area. Click here for a schedule of our upcoming presentations.
In addition, we will be hosting community open houses later this fall. These open houses will be the first opportunity for the public to provide input to the planning team about their communities. Click here for a schedule of our upcoming open houses.
We hope to see you there!