Data Analyst I
Los Angeles City Planning is accepting applications for a Data Analyst I to assist with preparing, analyzing, interpreting, and reporting quantitative information through the application of data analytics tools, statistical methods, and computerized models.
The duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
Research and Analysis
- Handles data collection and preparation, programming and visualization, and application of statistical or mathematical techniques
- Obtains, cleans, organizes, and manages data
- Improves data processing by assessing, streamlining, or automating existing data management systems - Builds data pipelines and automates data flow through programming
Reporting and Data Sharing
- Uses mapping technologies to represent data spatially
- Prepares reports, dashboards, or other information products
- Knowledgeable in programming languages including R, SQL and/or Python
View the flyer for more information about the position. To apply, email a completed Application for Employment, along with a cover letter and resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org with "DATA ANALYST I" in the subject line. The deadline for applications is 4:59 p.m. on Friday, March 20, 2020.
The Personnel Department is responsible for the City of Los Angeles’s recruitment, hiring, and training efforts. In addition to managing the City’s workforce, the Personnel Department oversees the civil service process and citywide strategies related to diversity and inclusion.
To learn more about employment opportunities with the City, including job openings at Los Angeles City Planning, visit the Personnel Department’s website.